The contents of these pages are the sole responsibility of the publishers and do not represent the views of the European Commission.
Self-Evaluation Tool Dimensions
In 2016, the SIGGS self-evaluation tool on good governance for National Olympic Committees (NOCs) and national sport federations was launched by the EOC EU Office. The objective of this tool is to provide support to sports organisations to enhance their governance by providing practical guidance on how to implement principles of good governance.
In the framework of the EU-funded POINTS Project, an update of the SIGGS self-evaluation tool has been conducted. The updated tool, SIGGS self-evaluation tool version 2.0, largely keeps the same structure as the original version. This means that the tool is still built around the four good governance principles:
- Autonomy and Accountability;
- Democracy, Participation and Inclusivity.
New features in version 2.0
The main new functionalities include:
- The possibility for different individuals, within an organisation, to fill in the questionnaire and to compare their results have also been added;
- The tool is accessible to National Olympic Committees and national federations, but also to European and regional sport federations;
- A general update of all the questions of version 1 with a review of the levels when new developments were needed for the respective topic/question;
- Additional questions for areas that needed further development (e.g. fight against match-fixing);
- Updated privacy and confidentiality policy;
- A general update of the graphics and functionalities.
As a result of this update, the number of questions has slightly increased (to 51 questions) to adapt to the necessary changes.
How does it work?
To access the questionnaire, your organisation must create an account in the “Sign up now” tab.
The first step for your organisation is to identify strengths and weaknesses of your current management practices and to gain a better understanding of the challenges your organisation faces. For this purpose, the self-evaluation tool will provide an individual synthesis of your situation regarding the implementation of good governance principles.
Following a first set of general questions in order to identify your organisation’s profile, the tool will automatically select the most accurate questions to be answered.
For each question, the respondent must choose between five levels of answers. Please note that your answers will have a direct impact on the upcoming steps of the project since they will serve as a basis for setting-up a customised action plan for your organisation.
Once all questions have been answered, you will be able to access your results and to select those “weaknesses” that you would like to include in your customised action plan. This plan contains all information specific to your situation. Roadmaps are also available to help you with putting the recommendations of the action plan into action!
The whole project team would like to thank you in advance for your time and your involvement! We are committed to supporting actions towards better governance of our sport organisations.
Feel free to contact us for any other questions or suggestions that you may have.
Good luck with your SIGGS experience!